When you donate to Singing Rooster’s seedling program, you’re helping to reforest Haiti w/ income-providing coffee trees. But it’s bigger than that.
In 1923, 60% of Haiti was covered by lush forests; by 2006, less than 3% remained. Your donation allows #singingrooster to plant seedling nurseries that #reforestHaiti mountains with income-providing coffee trees. Across the years, we’ve planted hundreds of thousands of trees in Haiti’s highest mountains / coffee lands:
- Fond Jean Noel
- Beaumont (the eye of Hurricane Matthew – TOTAL devastation)
An Example: The Impact of $8000 (the perfect sized nursery)
- 32,000 income-providing trees for 20 years
- over 640,000 pounds of coffee across lifespan of trees
- over $2,200,000 directly into farmer pockets
- soil stability, watersheds
- protection of taller, old-growth trees (now bird habitats)
- sustains thousands of jobs
Donate to our coffee seedling program today! We’re appreciative. We’ll email you a tax deduction / donation receipt for your records.
We KNOW agriculture is a great pathway to a self-sustaining Haiti. Your commitment to drink Haitian coffee and eat Haitian chocolate seems like a simple solution – but we know it takes time and effort.
And we thank you. We also thank amazing people /companies who have been generous with our reforesting Haiti program:
- CREA (thanks Sr. Ruth)
- Water One
- Innovative Waters (the owner is awesome!)
- Dr. Bronner’s Family Foundation
- Rosie’s Cafe
- HOH Water Technology
- International Chemtex
- Many Hands for Haiti
- Advantage Water Engineering
- Christ the King
Learn more about why Haiti is so deforested. Then Join us.